If you know British nationals still in Afghanistan who have not already registered with the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office they should call the FCDO on +44(0)1908 516666 and select "Consular services for British nationals". They can also email firstname.lastname@example.org and further advice is available at www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/afghanistan. This phone number and email address are monitored 24/7 by consular officers in the network.
If you are a Wimbledon constituent and have family members who are non-British nationals still in the country, or are Afghan nationals who have worked for the UK Government, or are Afghan nationals who have supported UK objectives and may be at risk, you should call the Afghan Citizens' Resettlement Scheme Helpline on +44 (0)24 7538 9980
The helpline is available between 9:30 to 23:00 UK time this weekend (21/22nd August) and 24/7 from Monday 23rd Aug 9am onwards.
You should be prepared to provide as many details as possible including:
- Full name
- Date of Birth
- Relationship to constituent
- Home Office reference numbers if possible
- Passport / travel document number
- Have they already obtained a visa
- Do they have a visa application pending - please provide reference number if so
- Individual(s)' contact details - email address and phone number
- You should also provide these details for any dependants or immediate family members you may have such as your spouse and children.
Call lines will be busy but they will answer your call as soon as possible.
If you are calling on behalf of any individual or individuals in Afghanistan please ensure you have the same details available as requested above to provide.
Full information can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/afghan-citizens-resettlement-scheme
You can also contact my office at email@example.com and we can raise your case with the relevant officials. If you contact my office, please ensure to provide the above information about the person being represented: