I’d like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support across Wimbledon, Raynes Park and Morden. It is an honour and a privilege to have represented you for the last ten years.
Locally, there are issues I have been proud to have helped residents with and campaign for on your behalf and with a Conservative-led government we’ve worked hard to help create a better future for all:
- We’ve cut income tax for over 40,000 people in Wimbledon, Raynes Park, Morden and Motspur Park;
- The Nelson Hospital has been rebuilt and is now open (after 13 years of Labour dithering) and we have worked hard to successfully to save Vineyard Hill surgery. St Helier Hospital is also safe, with the Health Secretary, Jeremy Hunt, recently confirming this in an open letter to residents here:
- Transport links have improved with new District Line trains and 20% more capacity on the Northern Line;
- Since 2010, standards in local schools have also risen and and we’ve invested over £40 million in creating new school places locally;
- We’re helping create more jobs and opportunities in Wimbledon, Raynes Park, Morden and Motspur Park. We've delivered 1,030 apprenticeships in the area since 2010, helping young people get the skills they need to get on in life. And the number of people claiming unemployment benefits is down by a massive 43 per cent since 2010.
There are many more things to work with you on in our area. My ‘Vision’ campaigns have set out some ideas for the local area for sustainable development and improvements to ensure we live in a wonderful, thriving community. Making sure we all benefit from developments such as Crossrail 2 and AFC Wimbledon at Plough Lane.
If re-elected I will continue to push Merton Council on important issues, including fighting to Save Merton Adult Education, street cleanliness and getting a better service from your council tax bill. I want to see more housing for local people and more new businesses with jobs for local people. And, I will continue to push hard on transport improvements - more trains on the Northern Line and better services on the District Line.
Nationally, we must stick to a plan that’s working. Ensuring the economic recovery benefits all, creating more jobs and improving standards of living. Labour must not wreck the economy again.
Tomorrow is the most important election for a generation and your vote of support is crucial. So, please Vote Conservatives and do not leave it to others.
Polling stations open at 7am tomorrow and close at 10pm – if you don’t know your closest one, you can find out here:
A vote for me, is a vote for an MP who has a record of service to our area and a promise of further action on local issues. I do hope you choose to re-elect me so I can continue to serve the community.
With best wishes,